transaction n : the act of transacting within or between groups (as carrying on commercial activities); "no transactions are possible without him"; "he has always been honest is his dealings with me" [syn: dealing, dealings]
- The act of conducting or carrying out (business, negotiations, plans).
- A deal or business agreement.
- An exchange or trade, as of ideas, money, goods, etc.
- The transfer of funds into, out of, or from an account.
- An atomic operation; a message, data modification, or other procedure that is guaranteed to perform completely or not at all (e.g. a database transaction).
- An economic transaction: a valid currency transfer
act of conducting or carrying out (business, negotiations, plans)
deal or business agreement
exchange or trade, as of ideas, money, goods, etc.
(finance) The transfer of funds into, out of, or from an account.
(computing) An atomic operation
(finance) An economic transaction: a valid currency transfer
A transaction is an agreement, communication, or movement carried out between separate entities or objects, often involving the exchange of items of value, such as information, goods, services and money.
Transaction may also refer to:
- Transaction Publishers
- “Transaction,” an episode of the Death Note anime series, see List of Death Note episodes
- Transactional analysis, a a psychoanalytic theory of psychology
- Transactional interpretation, a interpretation of quantum mechanics.
transaction in Czech: Transakce
transaction in Danish: Transaktion
transaction in German: Transaktion
transaction in Spanish: Transacción
transaction in French: Transaction
transaction in Dutch: Transactie
transaction in Portuguese: Transação
transaction in Vietnamese: Giao dịch
transaction in Chinese: 交易
accomplished fact, accomplishment, accord, achievement, act, acta, action, administration, adventure, affair, agreement, annals, arrangement, bargain, binding agreement, blow, bond, business, business deal, carrying out, cartel, collective agreement, commercial transaction, commission, compact, completion, concern, concernment, conduct, consortium, contract, convention, coup, covenant, covenant of salt, deal, dealing, dealings, deed, dicker, discharge, dispatch, doing, doings, effectuation, effort, employment contract, enactment, endeavor, enforcement, enterprise, execution, exploit, fait accompli, feat, formal agreement, fulfillment, gest, go, goings-on, hand, handiwork, handling, implementation, interest, ironclad agreement, job, legal agreement, legal contract, management, maneuver, matter, measure, minutes, move, mutual agreement, negotiation, observance, operation, overt act, package deal, pact, paction, passage, performance, perpetration, proceeding, proceedings, production, promise, prosecution, protocol, records, res gestae, step, stipulation, stroke, stunt, thing, thing done, tour de force, transactions, turn, understanding, undertaking, union contract, valid contract, wage contract, work, works